dThe Myo armband reads the electrical activity of your muscles and the motion of your arm to let you wirelessly control technology with hand gestures. Explore over 100 applications on the Myo Market.
PRESENT: A wearable presentation remote, Myo reads your muscle activity so you can control your favourite presentation software with gestures and motion.
CONNECT: Myo lets you take control of your digital world from a distance: switch between applications like iTunes and PowerPoint, or browse the web with the flick of a wrist.
PLAY: Bring your RC experience to the next level. Seamlessly control connected toys such as Sphero or Parrot drones like you have superpowers.
The Myo armband gives you touch-free control of technology with hand gestures and motion. A world-first input for digital devices, hackers and developers are only beginning to unlock the potential of the Myo armband. This growing community of Myo developers is creating and sharing applications for you to explore in the Myo Market. Out of the box, the Myo armband detects five distinct hand gestures to wirelessly control tech, like music, games, and presentation slides, all with the flick of a wrist. You can also map gestures to key strokes for customized control, or dig into the open API and free, easy-to-use SDK to create scripts and applications that put technology at your fingertips. The Myo armband is a one-size-fits-all device, designed for those aged 12 and up.
- Arm Size: Expandable between 7.5-13 inches (19-34cm) forearm circumference.
- Weight: 93g
- Thickness: 0.45 inches
- Communication: Bluetooth Smart
- Micro USB Charging
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- One full day use out of single charge
- Windows 7 and 8 (with included USB Bluetooth adapter and OpenGL 2.1 or higher)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and above (with included USB Bluetooth adapter)
- iOS 7.0 and higher for the following devices: iPad 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 and 6Plus, iPod Touch 5th generation, iPad Mini 1st and 2nd generation and iPad Mini 3.
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and up (device must have Bluetooth radio that supports Nluetooth 4.0 LE)
Gestures and Motion
- Hand gestures detected by proprietary EMG muscle sensors
- Highly sensitive motion sensor
- Sensors: Medical Grade Stainless Steel EMG sensors, Highly sensitive nine-axis IMU containing three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer, three-axis magnetometer
- LEDs: Dual indicator LED's
- Processor: ARM Cortex M4 Processor
- Haptic Feedback: Short, Medium, Long Vibrations